Tuesday 18 June 2013

School Life - Just a little insight..

Umm..so my day today. Nothing excited just the usual and i guess nobody wants to read that :(

So lemme give you a little picture instead:
Imagine a fifteen year old teenage girl, currently in year 10 living in the United Kingdom. Stuck in a English class with the worst teacher ever! Thats basically what i went through today and yes, i agree pure torture. But thats just it, it was a weird form of torture. I mean yes, the teacher's not my favourite person in the world but all we did today is sit on our netbooks researching the ever so interesting context of 'Of Mice and men,' like we have been for the last three lessons.

I guess thats why it felt like torture, doing something over and over and over again isn't particularly fun! However watching 'Of Mice and men,' in lessons made me realise that its actually a good film with a pretty great storyline and themes. Its the time of film that you'd see on TV but always skip past the channel but once at school it becomes the best lesson you've had all year.

 In a way it made me think about society today and for a girl like me thats pretty deep in more than one way and i soon realised that I myself have many questions to ask. For one, why must we as individuals change ourselves to suit others or in other words why do we care about what other people think? Is it that feeling of acceptance that we all desire or do we just want to be admired ourselves? I understand that this is probably a question for a psychologist but if we have our own views and opinions then why to we listen to the voices of those who are seen as being more superior?

I honestly just can't get my head around it. :S

I guess this is not really anything necessary, its just a little insight into my life :)
Just an understanding. Or something like that.



No comments:

Post a Comment